On July 25th, Honda finally divulged some information on the impending 2012 Honda Pilot SUV. While it was only a small bit of information, it surely succeed in whetting our appetites for more information.
Consumers who found the 2011 Honda Pilot to be a bit fierce will be delighted to learn the 2012 model offers a softer, more-understated presence. Even Billion Honda, who was pleased with its predecessor find the new changes to be appealing.
The more important characteristic, which was described in the title of this article is the class-leading fuel economy. Honda stated that the new 2012 Pilot will not only be more fuel efficient than the 2011 model, but will outdo any other SUV featuring three rows, seating a total of eight passengers - even the Explorer and Highlander.
So far, that is all we have gotten out of Honda. Hopefully as soon as November we will all be receivingmore information from the Japanese automakeron the 2012 Honda Pilot. Billion Honda, located at 2641 Mormon Trek Blvd - Iowa City, IA 52246, emplores you to stay tuned to learn exactly what other updates (i.e., interior, engine, technology), Honda is planning to make. For now, we invite you to check out the specs and details of the 2011 Honda Pilot. At-a-glance details follow.
2011 Honda Pilot At a Glance- Advanced 250-horsepower (hp), 3.5-liter, i-VTEC Engine with Variable Cylinder Management and Variable Torque Management
- Acoustic windshield for a quieter ride
- 250 Horsepower (hp)
- 253 Lb.-ft. of torque
- Four-wheel independent suspension for a smooth ride and on-a-dime handling
- Standard 17-inch wheels
- Tri-Zone Automatic Climate Control System with Air Filtration (EX model and higher) - 87 Cubic-feet of cargo space
- Power tailgate
- Lift-up glass hatch
- Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System with Voice Recognition (available in Honda Pilot EX-L and Touring models)
- LATCH (Lower Anchors and Tethers for Children)
- Three-row side curtain airbags with rollover sensor
- Vehicle Stability Assist
- MSRP starting at $28,320